This is my first PCB design. It's for the parking sensor module of my senior design group's Smart Parking system. The design was done in Eagle and I had it manufactured by OSH Park. They charge $5 per square inch for three boards and this came out to just shy of that amount.
For comparison, this is the original prototype I made for the sensor:
And the assembled board:
It wasn't without problems, of course. I was able to solder on all the parts without issue and program the main chip using the ISP header but the serial lines did not seem to work. Turned out, the pins I had broken out for that weren't connected to the pins on the main chip. Checking my schematic, I found the nets were placed on top of each other but not connected. Another issue was with the breakout for the compass module. I had wired the pins based on a picture I had of the compass module in the prototype board. It turned out, however, the new compass modules we got did not follow the same pin-out. Doh!
I'm not going to fix either of these on these boards as we have already sent out new revision of the board for manufacturing. It includes these fixes, of course, and is even smaller!